Section 1 – Navigation and Customization
This section will cover the bare-essentials and help you get oriented to the Blackboard Course Environment.
- Welcome to Blackboard 9 (2 minutes)
- Introduction to Your Blackboard 9 Course (3 minutes)
- Course to Course Navigation (New for Service Pack 8!)
- Introduction to the Control Panel (3 minutes)
Section 2 – Course Management Tools
This section will help familiarize you with the basic course management options available to you.
- Creating Contact Information (2 minutes)
- Creating Announcements (2 minutes)
- Sending Blackboard Emails (2 minutes)
- Turning On Statistics Tracking for a Content Item (2 minutes)
- Running and Saving a Course Report (New for Service Pack 8!)
- Accessibility Options (3 minutes) (**Blackboard is already fully compatible with assistive devices. This video focuses on techniques in design that you can do to make it easier on students with disabilities.)
Section 3 – Organization and Management
This sections focuses on all tools related to organizing, managing, and presenting content. It also includes adding learning modules and YouTube videos, among other content items.
- Your Course Environment (3 minutes)
- Creating Learning Modules (3 minutes)
- Creating a URL (2 minutes)
- Add Multimedia Using Mashups (3 minutes)
Section 4 – Interaction Tools
This sections covers several Blackboard tools for for incorporating collaboration in the online learning environment.
- Creating a Discussion Board Forum (4 minutes)
- Grading a Discussion Board Forum (3 minutes)
- Creating a Blog (2 minutes)
- Creating and Editing Blog Entries (2 minutes)
- Creating a Wiki (3 minutes)
- Grading a Wiki (2 minutes)
- Creating a Journal (2 minutes)
- Creating a Group (4 minutes)
- Creating Group Sets (3 minutes)
Section 5 – Assessment Tools
This section addresses how to use Blackboard assessment tools and how to create and grade with rubrics.
- Creating a Test (4 minutes)
- Using SafeAssign (3 minutes)
- Creating a Grading Rubric (3 minutes)
- Associating a Rubric with a Gradable Item (3 minutes)
- Grading with Rubrics (3 minutes)
Section 6 – Grade Center Tools
This section addresses how to use various tools in the Grade Center and other grading options.